Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mother's Day


 How do you tell a very special Mother  that you love her very much when you live far away on  Mother's Day? By sending her a beautiful bouquet of handmade vintage music roses in an antique bottle, so special, so unique. These flowers were sent by one very special daughter to surprise her Mom for Mother's Day.







Each petal of these roses were handmade by me from vintage music paper. I stained the base sheets to accentuate the vintage look and then as a final touch I applied garnet highlights along the edges for that just so special touch. After the roses were completed and the music leaves applied I placed them in a 50+ year old bottle with a lovely brown ribbon for that final touch.





The daughter had asked me to write a note that said "Do not open until Mother's Day", along with a special message. So I designed and made a special card for her and wrote her message inside and attached it to a beautiful package that I wrapped with special papers and ribbons. Finally I wrapped it inside a plain box for shipping. I would love to be able to see the Mom's face when she gets her special gift from her loving daughter so far away - what a lucky Mother!


So Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's and Mom's to be ;)

I love you Mom, Bea


No comments:

Post a Comment